Please submit any additional Siri commands that would be helpful to senior citizens in the comments section below.
HOW TO USE SIRI
Press and hold the HOME button on the iPad until the "What can I help you with?" prompt appears. Then use a normal, clear speaking voice to state your command. Wait for Siri to respond to your request. Press the microphone icon that appears on the screen to speak or reply to Siri again.
ALARM, REMINDER, CALENDAR, and TIME COMMANDS
- "Set the timer for 15 minutes"
- "Stop the timer"
- "Reset the timer"
- "Pause the timer"
- "What time is it?"
- "What is today's date?"
- "Wake me in an hour"
- "Set an alarm for 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning"
- "Turn off all alarms"
- "Remind me to take my medication at 8:00 p.m."
- "Remind me to send a birthday card to Suzie next Wednesday"
- "Set up a dental appointment for next Tuesday at 10:00 a.m."
- "Add iPad training at the Senior Center to my calendar for next Tuesday at 1:00 p.m."
- "Remove the iPad training at the Senior Center from my calendar"
EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE COMMANDS
- "Read my emails" (Will only read aloud the time the email was sent, sender's name, and subject)
- "Send an email to Tammee" (substitute name of person in your email contacts)
- "Email Joe and say that I appreciate his help this weekend" (substitute name of person in your email contacts)
- "Send a message to Pat on his mobile and tell him I will be there soon" (substitute name of person in your email contacts)
- "Read my most recent email message"
- "Read my new text messages"
- "Reply to Pat's text message" (substitute name of person from your contacts)
CREATE AND FIND NOTES COMMANDS
- "Note: the car is parked in Row 5, Level 3 at the airport"
- "Create a grocery list note" (substitute the desired name of your note)
- "Add bananas, milk, and bread to the grocery list note"
- "Find the grocery list note"
- "Play Amazing Grace" (substitute the name of song that is located on your iPad)
- "Play the radio"
- "Play some John Denver" (substitute the name of an artist whose songs are located on your iPad)
- "Shuffle my favorites playlist" (substitute the name of a playlist located on your iPad)
- "Pause" or "Skip" while song is playing
- "Play Solitaire" (substitute the name of an app on your iPad)
- "Open Magnifying Glass" (substitute the name of an app on your iPad)
- "Launch App Store"
OTHER SIRI QUESTIONS OR COMMANDS
- "What is the temperature outside?"
- "How hot will it be in Phoenix this weekend?"
- "What is the forecast for this evening?"
- "Search for diabetic pasta recipes"
- "Google what's happening in Washington D.C."
- "Search for images of dogs"
- "What movies are playing near me?"
- "Who starred in the movie, Casablanca?"
- "Show me football scores from Sunday"
- "How many days until Christmas?"
- "What Mexican restaurants are near me?"
- "How many cups are in a pint?"